Distinguished Honors Alumni Award
In 1997, the South Carolina Honors College instituted the Distinguished Honors Alumni Award, the highest honor given to its graduates. Each year, this award is presented to recognize a SCHC graduate who excels professionally or who has contributed time and effort to the betterment of the Honors College or to society.
- Candidate must be an alumnus or alumna of the South Carolina Honors College who is more than 10 years removed from graduation.
- It is preferred that the candidate is able to attend the Homecoming Reception, but extenuating circumstances can warrant alternative technological communiction when receiving the award instead.
- Candidate must not be running for or currently holding a public office.
- The award will recognize professional excellence or contributions for the betterment of the Honors College or society.
Nominators must submit a nomination letter. Nominations may be submitted by:
- Web: complete the Distinguished Honors Alumni Nomination Form
South Carolina Honors College
ATTN: Distinguished Honors Alumni Award
Harper College 120
Columbia, SC 29208
Nominations will be active for three (3) years or until the nominee is no longer eligible for the award, whichever occurs first. Nominations may be updated during the three-year period.
Announcement and Presentation
- The award will be presented at the Honors College Homecoming reception during USC’s Homecoming Weekend.
- In August, the Director of Alumni Engagement will inform the recipient of his or her selection and confirm for the reception.