You may designate your gift to any of the Honors College funds described below. Click here to give online and enter the name of the fund under I would like to specify an area to support.
If you are interested in creating a named endowment, please contact Kathy Keenan at 803-777-0620.
- Carolina Fund of the South Carolina Honors College. Allows the college to use the gift in the area of highest need. At this time, most unrestricted gifts are used to support student scholarships. Unrestricted gifts of $1,000 or more qualify donors for membership in the Honors College Dean's Circle.
- Andrea G. and Jerre D. Sumter Endowed Scholarship Fund. Scholarship for a student whose major is in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Bernard and Arline Ramsdale Endowed Fund. Community service support for activities or social needs research by Honors College students.
- Catherine N. and Frances J. Dutton, Jr. Undergraduate Research Fund. Fellowship for an Honors College student participating in independent study under the guidance of a USC faculty member.
- Connie and Bill Timmons Scholarship. Scholarship for an incoming student whose major is in the School of Journalism and Mass Communications.
- David D. Brown Endowment Scholarship Fund. Scholarship for a student whose major is in the Moore School of Business and who demonstrates both merit and need.
- Deborah Y. Edwards Endowment Fund. Supports study abroad initiatives. Currently, the primary use is covering the purchase cost of passports for freshmen with need.
- Edmund Martin Foley Endowment Fund. Senior thesis grant for projects in cognitive science or those that are unique in style: creative, thoughtful, and provoking discussion of innovative solutions to the challenges of the contemporary world.
- Elizabeth Albright Belser & Duncan Clinch Heyward Belser Endowment. Provides support for full-tuition, need-based scholarships for Honors College students pursuing B.S. degrees from specific disciplines. Preference is given to South Carolina residents.
- Fishman Family and Komito Endowed Scholarship Fund. Scholarship awarded to juniors and seniors whose majors are in the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management or who have declared an interest in Pre-Law.
- Honors College Undergraduate Research Fellowship Fund. Fellowships for Honors College students participating in independent study under the guidance of USC faculty members.
- James Gadsden Holmes, IV Scholarship. Scholarship for an incoming student.
- James L. Stiver Scholarship Fund. Scholarship for a student who demonstrates intellectual curiosity and shows exemplary academic success.
- John S. Herin Scholarship Fund. Scholarship for an out-of-state student who is at least a sophomore in the Honors College.
- McAnulty Endowed Scholarship Fund. Provides a scholarship to a junior or senior majoring in Sport and Entertainment Management (SPTE) or enrolled in the College of Journalism and Mass Communication. Preference is given to SPTE majors.
- Michael A. Hill Outstanding Honors College Faculty Award. Award recognizing distinguished teaching with a $1,000 prize. The faculty member is selected annually by Honors College students.
- Patricia Ann Tangney Dumiak Scholarship. Scholarship for an incoming student whose major is in the Department of Political Science and who demonstrates academic excellence.
- Ryan Family Bicentennial Fund. Research grant for a current student in the Honors College enrolled in the Moore School of Business or the College of Mass Communications and Information Studies.
- SC Honors College Endowment. Established to support out-of-state students and awarded annually to those who have received no other scholarship support from the University.
- Sherri and Charles Timmons Endowed Scholarship Fund. Provides scholarships to students whose majors are in the Darla Moore School of Business.
- South Carolina Honors College Alumni Scholarship Fund. Supports one scholarship restricted to students from New York state and another scholarship open to all incoming freshmen.
- South Carolina Honors College Internship Program Support Fund. Support for the Internship Program in the South Carolina Honors College, including student preparation activities, printed materials, student scholarships or stipends, etc.
- Summer Smith Taylor Endowed Internship Fund. Supports students engaged in internships emphasizing technical writing as a substantial part of their job duties.
- Walter B. Edgar Endowment Fund. Provides support, at the discretion of the Dean, for either an Honors College scholarship or an award for the high school writing competition sponsored by the Honors College.
- Washington Semester Internship Program Support Fund. Supports student enrichment activities, recruiting efforts, alumni activities, and student scholarships as related to the Washington Semester Internship Program.
- Waverly Center Volunteers Support Fund. Support for students providing after-school activities, tutoring, and other related services at the Waverly Center for school-aged children in Columbia’s Waverly Community. This includes supplying computers, craft supplies, tutoring materials, etc.
- William Mould and Peter Sederberg Scholarship Fund. In honor of the founding deans, this scholarship is for current Honors College students who receive little or no other financial aid.