Initial Loan Processing
Once the Financial Aid Office has approved your loans, they will notify you of some initial intake steps to be taken with our loan processor, ECSI. Please allow the Bursar's Office and ECSI 72 hours after you receive notification for your loan information to become available. Our school code is: WF.
Complete Your Promissory Note
By completing the initial loan processing online, you will not need to complete a paper promissory note and initial interview process.
Your ECSI PIN is required for authentication to complete this process.
- Log on to https://www.ecsi.net/promWF
- Make sure that you accept the terms of the agreement.
- You must provide complete reference information for yourself, next of kin (a relative) and two additional references. Failure to complete all lines accurately will keep your loan from disbursing to your account.
- Read your promissory note and/or disclosure statements completely. Once you have read the promissory note, you must electronically "sign" the note at the bottom of the page by checking the appropriate box and submitting your full legal name.
Once you graduate, withdraw or drop below half-time enrollment, you are required to complete exit counseling to understand your rights and responsibilities and repayment terms of your loan. To complete the online exit counseling, go to https://home.ecsi.net/.
Loan Repayment and Defaults
The university remains your loan holder after you graduate, but ECSI will send you bills, process your payments and address your customer service needs. Please be sure to keep both ECSI and the university informed about any changes to your name, address, phone number or email.
Defaulting on a Loan
You must make payments on your loan even if you do not receive a bill or repayment notice. Immediately contact ECSI to discuss repayment plan options and find out if you're eligible for a deferment or forbearance. Skipping or postponing your payments could result in defaulting on your loan.
If you fail to make your payments, the consequences could be serious.
- Your loan may be turned over to an outside collections agency.
- You will lose your deferment, cancellation and forbearance options.
- You will not be eligible for further federal or institutional financial aid.
- Your school academic records will be withheld.
- Your loan will be reported as delinquent to credit bureaus, which will damage your credit score.
- Your total debt may increase due to late fees, additional interest, collections feeds, court costs or attorney's fees.
- Your state individual tax refund may be claimed to help pay off your delinquent loan balance.
- Your loan could be accelerated so the entirety of the loan is due immediately.
Questions about your loan?
Contact ECSI at 1-888-549-3274 or visit https://home.ecsi.net/
Placement With a Collection Agency
If your account has been placed with an outside collection agency, you will receive a notification from the collection agency. All future contact about your account should be made directly to that agency.