Who We Are:
- Delta Alpha Pi is, first and foremost, an organization that recognizes extraordinary academic achievement.
- We celebrate excellence in other areas as well, including extracurricular involvement and community service.
- Delta Alpha Pi provides an avenue whereby needs, concerns and opinions can be aired, discussed, and addressed.
- Members also provide direct service to other students by assisting them in times of transition and in times that help is needed for students by students.
Guidelines for Active Membership
- Must have a documented disability
- Be registered with the Student Disability Resource Center
- Undergraduate students: must complete a minimum of 24 credits and earn an overall GPA of 3.10/4.00 at the University over a period of at least two semesters
- Graduate students: must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours and earn an overall GPA of 3.30/4.00 at the University over a period of at least two semesters
- Have demonstrated an active interest in disability issues
Guidelines for Associate Membership
Open to all university members who do not meet the active membership requirements (any USC student, faculty, staff, and alumnus).
We are more than a resume-enhancing opportunity!
- We are: An academic honors community of student supporting other students in friendship, personal development, career enhancement, and networking.
- We are: An opportunity to celebrate our gifts.
- We are: A chance to reach out to students with disabilities in middle and high school and to students with a disability at the University of South Carolina.
- We are: An invitation to grow through resource and skill development seminars.
- We are: A good time as we gather to watch films, share fine food, attend sporting events, experience various cultural and entertainment offerings, and even get away for a weekend or two.
- We are: Committed to lead as we advocate for students with disabilities, address our issues in the public domain, and challenge common perceptions by demonstrating how capable and skilled we are.
To join Delta Alpha Pi:
Return to Registered Student Information page.