The Master of Arts (M.A.) in Studio Art is a 30 credit hour, two-year program for
artists. Students complete 15 credit hours of graduate-level coursework in various
studio art areas such as graphic design, drawing, painting, printmaking, photography, ceramics, and sculpture (3D studies).
Students also take 9 credit hours of electives in any discipline. Before completing the program, students undertake
and successfully defend the master's project.
Fall Application Deadline: January 15
- Graduate School application
- Official Transcripts
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (at least one must be from a professor)
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Personal Statement
- Portfolio: Please upload a digital portfolio of 20 images of recent work and an identifying list of works, as a single .pdf document. (The photographic quality of images will affect the evaluation of your application).
- For international applicants whose native language is not English: submission of a satisfactory score on the TOEFL or the IELTS Intl. Academic Course Type 2 exam; or Pearson Test of English (Academic). The minimum acceptable score on the TOEFL is 80 (computer-based) or 550 (paper-based); the minimum acceptable overall band score on the IELTS Intl. Academic Course Type 2 exam is 6.5; and the minimum Pearson Score is 59.
Note: The M.A. in Art Studio is a traditional master's degree, on par with other master's degrees in the liberal arts and humanities. It may be used as a professional credential or as a step towards the M.F.A.