The work of the committee includes, but is not limited to:
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of a strategic action plan for diversity in the College to be coordinated with the Administrative Council, and revising the plan annually
- Working cooperatively on diversity-related issues brought to the committee by department chairs, the deans, and other standing committees or the College of Education Alliance for Social Justice and Diversity
- Recommending professional development activities to the Dean
- Convening voluntary sub-groups around strategic goals involving both members and non-members of the standing committee
The committee is comprised of six people: two elected from the Educational Studies,
Leadership, Learning Design, and Inquiry, and the Teacher Education departments for
two year terms, and the dean, or dean’s designee, as ex-officio member.
The staff subcommittee includes one faculty member of the diversity committee, and at least three staff members, including at least one from the general college staff, by an open solicitation, for terms of two years.
The student subcommittee includes one faculty member of the diversity committee, and at least three graduate students, with up to one from each department by an open solicitation, and two undergraduate students, selected by faculty nomination.
All full-time faculty members may nominate themselves to serve on the committee.
Ex-officio: College of Education Dean or Dean's Designee
Committee terms: two years
|Molly Dawes||Department of Educational and Developmental Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vacant||Department of Leadership, Learning Design, and Inquiryemail@example.com|
|Gloria Boutte***||Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|David G. Martinez*||Department of Leadership, Learning Design, and Inquiryemail@example.com|
|Meir Muller**||Department of Teacher Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vacant||Department of Teacher Education|
|Vacant||Department of Educational and Developmental Science|
|Vacant||Department of Educational Leadership and Policies|
|Teneshia Slempa||School Improvement Council|
* Indicates chair of the committee
** Indicates co-chair of the committee
*** Indicates ex-officio member