- Major: Adult Gerontology - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Degree: Master of Science in Nursing
- School/College: Nursing
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Summer Application Deadlines
Early: September 1
Priority: October 31
Final: February 1
Fall Application Deadlines
Early: January 15
Priority: March 1
Final: June 1
- Transcripts (minimum GPA of 3.0 from the previous undergraduate degree, all transcripts are reviewed regardless of the program)
- Letters of Reference (from Master's prepared nurse or physician who can speak to the applicant’s ability to successfully complete the Master's program outcomes)
- Personal Goal Statement (should reflect program outcomes)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Current Unencumbered RN Licensure in the State of Residence
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
- Summer Semester
A Note from the Program
Thank you for your interest in the Adult Gerontology - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner MSN program. This online program is available in states whose licensing boards approve distance learning. While the majority of students are from SC and surrounding states, the USC College of Nursing is not currently authorized to provide this program in all states. Please refer to our State Authorization website for a list of all available states.
The Adult Gerontological Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program (AGACNP) prepares registered nurses to provide direct patient management in acute and complex care settings. Graduates are eligible to sit for the Adult-Gerontological Acute Care Nurse Practitioner exam administered through the American Nurse Credentialing Center.