The historic McCutchen House is open to the public for lunch during the University of South Carolina regular fall and spring semesters, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m, Tuesday through Friday.*
*Due to students' academic requirements, lunch concludes by 2 p.m.
Lunches are $13.95 + tax per person unless otherwise noted (lunch, beverages, and dessert included). McCutchen House is cashless. Please pay by credit, debit, check, Carolina Cash, IIT or direct billing.
Spring 2023 Lunch Menu (March 14 – April 21)
Note: We will be closed during Spring Break over March 6-10.
- Our famous tomato pie
Choice of Soup or Salad
- McCutchen House Salad: Mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, sliced purple onion, shredded smoked Gouda and croutons. Choice of house-made ranch, blue cheese, balsamic and house dressings.
- Soup of the Day: Prepared daily. Ask your server for the day’s selection.
Entrées (choice of one)
- Caribbean Pork: Jerk-seasoned pork tenderloin, smoked and sliced to order. Served with mango salsa, vegetable of the day and fried plantains.
- The Catch: Beer battered fried cod on a buttered, toasted sesame bun with house-made malt vinegar slaw and banana pepper tartar sauce. Served with seasoned fries.
- Black and Blue Salad: Juicy sliced blackened skirt steak over mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumber, and blue cheese crumbles. Choice of dressing.
- Mushroom Ravioli: Mushroom ravioli tossed in Marsala wine sauce and served with garlic bread.
- Greek Chicken Leg: Roasted chicken leg quarter marinated in lemon and fresh herbs. Served with baked potato and vegetable of the day.
- McCutchen House signature chocolate walnut pie
- Other desserts vary regularly
- Freshly brewed sweet and unsweet tea
- Joffrey Premium Coffee®
- Coke®, Diet Coke®, Sprite®, lemonade
For our valued customers, please note:
- Reservations are recommended but not required.
- Groups: McCutchen House is able to accommodate groups up to 20 with an advance reservation.
- McCutchen House servers aren’t able to accept tips, but if you would like to support our students, please visit our HRSM giving page.
Did You Know?
McCutchen House is an applied learning restaurant management laboratory for students studying in the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management. In addition to enjoying great food, guests have the opportunity to help students advance their knowledge and skills by providing valuable feedback on the hospitality and service.