The historic McCutchen House is open to the public for lunch during the University of South Carolina regular fall and spring semesters, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m, Tuesday through Friday.*
*Due to students' academic requirements, lunch concludes by 2 p.m.
Lunches are $12.95 + tax per person unless otherwise noted (lunch, beverages, and dessert included). McCutchen House is cashless. Please pay by IIT or direct billing, credit, debit, check or Carolina Cash. We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.
Fall 2022 Lunch Menu (Oct. 18 – Dec. 2)
- Our famous tomato pie
- Choice of soup or salad
- McCutchen House Salad: Mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, sliced purple onion, shredded smoked Gouda and toasted almonds. Choice of made in house ranch, blue cheese, balsamic and house dressings.
- Soup: Prepared daily. Ask your server for today's selection.
- The New Yorker: Kosher pastrami, piled high on toasted seeded rye bread with whole grain mustard, sauerkraut, and Muenster cheese. Served with a side of 1000 island dressing, pickle spear and seasoned fries.
- Autumn Salad: Mixed greens, fresh pear, sweet and spicy candied walnuts, sliced purple onion, dried cranberries and shaved Romano cheese with house made balsamic dressing. Topped with sliced grilled chicken breast.
- Salmon Picatta: Fresh whole salmon cut in-house, pan-seared and topped with a lemony caper cream sauce. Served with wild rice pilaf and vegetable of the day.
- Vegetarian Stew: Smoky and savory potatoes, tomatoes, chickpeas, kale and a variety of herbs and spices and topped with Greek yogurt. Served with sliced, grilled focaccia and topped with shaved Romano cheese.
- Pork Ragu: Shredded pork shoulders braised in a rich tomato sauce and served atop creamy Italian polenta with vegetable of the day.
Note: Large parties are limited to a choice of salmon picatta, vegetarian stew and pork ragu.
- Chocolate walnut pie
- Other desserts vary regularly
- Freshly brewed sweet and unsweet tea
- Joffrey premium coffee
- Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Lemonade
Did You Know?
McCutchen House is an applied learning restaurant management laboratory for students studying in the School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management. In addition to enjoying great food, guests have the opportunity to help students advance their knowledge and skills by providing valuable feedback on the hospitality and service.
For our valued customers, please note:
- Reservations are recommended but not required.
- Groups: McCutchen House is able to accommodate groups up to 20 with an advance reservation.
- McCutchen House servers aren’t able to accept tips, but if you would like to support our students, please visit our HRSM giving page.