SC Double Reed Day is Saturday, Nov. 12, 2022
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the UofSC School of Music Building (813 Assembly St., Columbia, SC)
Activities and classes for beginning, intermediate and advanced reed players ensure a day full of great learning, listening and playing experiences.
School of Music faculty members host the event, which culminates with a double reed ensemble performance by all participants.
The day's activities include:
- A recital by professor Anderson and professor Harley
- Masterclasses for oboists and bassoonists of all levels, focused on all-state etudes and solo repertoire
- “Mindfulness for Young Musicians” - presentation by UofSC flute professor Jennifer Parker-Harley
- Jennifer Mitchell, Assistant Director of Admissions for the UofSC School of Music, in a presentation and Q&A especially for high school students considering majoring in music
- Fundamentals sessions for younger students
- Basic oboe and bassoon repair
- Double reed ensemble concert of all participants
- Vendors with accessories, music, and instruments for sale
$40 registration fee (non-refundable) covers all activities and lunch. Walk-up registration
is $45. Parents may attend for free.
Registration check-in begins at 7:30 a.m. and events start at 8:00 a.m.
The School of Music building is located at 813 Assembly Street, Columbia, S.C. 29208. Directions to UofSC and parking information.
For more information: